Yet Another Haphazard Peanut Gallery

This is my second attempt at blogging. For the most part, the entires on this new blog will be about the daily grind that comes with living and training in Tokyo. There might not be many posts on aikido, but certainly expect to find a lot of ranting about Japanese society and shallow observations of budo, especially swordsmanship.

Monday, December 04, 2006

Sick... still

Two Wednesdays ago I caught a cold that kept me out of commission for about two or three days. It wasn't anything too terrible (I could still work), but was bad enough for me to stay away from the dojo. Last Sunday I started feeling worse, but by Monday morning I was well enough to go to school again. I stayed away from the dojo until this past weekend and managed to get in a night of aikido and a morning of iai before plummeting back into the abyss. When I got home yesterday afternoon, I had a fever of 100.5 and was so achy that I couldn't get into a comfortable position to sleep. I ended up taking the day off work to see the doctor, and just as I suspected, my light cold had turned into a sinus infection. Thankfully, neighborhood doctors are much cheaper than hospitals in Tokyo, so I loaded up on antibiotics and passed out on the couch.
I'm not a hypochondriac, but I DO get sick more than I deserve. On average, I figure that I get two or three mild colds a year plus one or two major illnesses that keep me in bed. At least once every two months or so I end up catching whatever is going around at the time. Maybe I don't need a people doctor. Next time I'll go to a horse doctor. At least it will be quick and hopefully painless!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home