Yet Another Haphazard Peanut Gallery

This is my second attempt at blogging. For the most part, the entires on this new blog will be about the daily grind that comes with living and training in Tokyo. There might not be many posts on aikido, but certainly expect to find a lot of ranting about Japanese society and shallow observations of budo, especially swordsmanship.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Yep... Still Sick

The good news is that I can feel that tingling sensation that comes with taking strong antibiotics. About 30 minutes after taking my pills I'm totally high. There's nothing worse than a sinus infection, but at least I know I'm (finally) on the path to recovery. Today is the two week marker. I haven't been sick this long since I was in grade school.
I haven't done any serious training in so long that feel like I'm leading a completely different life. During one of my healthier days last Friday, M. sensei asked me where the heck I'd been. When I told him that I had had a bad cold, he said that it's good to have me back in the dojo. He totally jinxed me. By Sunday morning, I was so mad I was relapsing that I actually forced myself out of bed to go to Sunday morning iai in Shinjuku. I cut for an hour or so with The Mugai-Tencho and his gang (even managed to pull off a pseudo mizuguruma) and by the time I got home I was completely knocked out. Fever of 101, not to mention a virtual rainbow of colors in my snot. My tissues looked like something that could have inspired Pollock to paint. Took Monday and Tuesday off, loaded up on antibiotics, and somehow managed to teach three classes today.
Sometimes catching a cold is just your body's way of telling you to slow down. If that's true though, then my body is pathetic. I get sick on average once every two months. This shit has got to stop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home