Yet Another Haphazard Peanut Gallery

This is my second attempt at blogging. For the most part, the entires on this new blog will be about the daily grind that comes with living and training in Tokyo. There might not be many posts on aikido, but certainly expect to find a lot of ranting about Japanese society and shallow observations of budo, especially swordsmanship.

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

How Not to Cut No-okuri







Not good for two reasons: I didn't get off the line until AFTER I had drawn. And: I completely decapitated the roll. No-okuri is supposed to be a slight cut to the neck, nicking the artery and causing death by massive blood loss over a short period of time. Well, either way he's dead.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 2:38 PM, Blogger Ren said…

    Next time try it one-handed. Don't even bother with the left hand. You'll get a better feel for it and won't power through the cut.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home